MORINGA - for Life

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

CHICKENS: Little Fancies and Tubby's Crew Combined

Well, Saturday I combined the yards of the fancy girls and Tubby's crew.  I decided to try it again because Gherdi kept flying over into Tubby's yard.  The Cream Legbars are finally accepting her.  All seems well.

Sometimes the Cream Legbars snip at the fancy girls, and sometimes Tubby tries to get on top of poor little teeny tiny Daizee - my little Silkie tumbleweed - but she gets away; it helps that Tubbs is blind in one eye and Daizee is fast.  But yes, everyone seems to be friends.

Gherdi snuggling in between two big girls
Gherdi has been laying eggs in Tubby's coop and trying to sleep in there at night.  I'd been making her go back to her coop and sleep with Daizee and Lailah but, tonight I gave in.  The six big girls and Tubby have no problem with Gherdi roosting with them so, I let her sleep there tonight.  I'm just a wee bit concerned that they might fight in the morning but, we'll see.  I'll get out there a.s.a.p. and let everyone out.

Gherdi wishing I'd quit using the camera flash in the dark
*UPDATE:  Gherdi made it through the night just fine!  No fights :)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your chicken stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marti! You know I love my birdies ~ makes me happy to know other people like to hear about them :)

      Delete