MORINGA - for Life

Monday, June 23, 2014

REVIEW: "Hummingbird Feeder and Ant Moat"

I don't know about you, but I've gone through A LOT of Hummingbird feeders over the years!  Have I found the perfect one?  Maybe....

Problems I've had in the past with Hummingbird feeders: ants and bees inside the feeder, hard to wash, hard to fill, leaks...etc.

Last Spring I bought another new feeder, nothing fancy, not pricey, made by First Nature.  Super impressed with the way it is put together.  All season long I had NO problems with it.  It never even faded in the sun (like a certain expensive one I purchased a few years ago).  Cleaning and filling are simple.  I have no complaints about this feeder.  I even bought a second one this year at Walmart.  I like having two so that when one is empty I already have the other one in the house all cleaned up and ready to fill.  Super happy with this feeder.

ant moat
Another awesome purchase was from The Birdhouse Chick.  It's an ant moat.  Works like a charm!  I've had this for at least three years - no regrets.

And remember to make your own nectar and forget all the nasty red dyes and such.  Super simple, just four parts water and one part plain white sugar - do not use artificial sweeteners!  Boil your water, dissolve the sugar, completely cool, and it's ready to go!  The hummers love it and, this year, even the downy woodpeckers are somehow drinking too - LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment