MORINGA - for Life

Saturday, March 9, 2013

ALOE RESCUE

As you can see it was WELL past time to do something with this Aloe plant.  It's a good decade or so old and very neglected - but it just keeps going and growing.  Yes, I've used the gel every so often and I have transplanted some of the "pups" but, oh my, I really haven't paid attention to this in such a long time!









I started reading about the "right" way to save this plant, then gave up and did it the same way I always have.  Every bit of it was up out of the soil just laying loose on top.  So, I grabbed up
all the sections, trimmed them down and the dead stuff off.  I generally put them in potting soil but this time I decided to put them in a seed starter mix, nice and light and dry.  I put in just a bit of water to pack the plants down, a little stability.  That's it.  There are now eleven (11) small pots of Aloe on the window sill over my kitchen sink.  I hope they take - they always have.  We'll see... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment